Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First of many

Sooo, last night went well.

It was so amazing being up there and talking (it seemed like to myself) for 25 mins. =)
A very interesting experience, I must say.

As a youth group we are in a series called 'Jesus Christ', so I looked at an aspect of Jesus that we, as Christ followers should follow. That was Jesus' relationship with his Father. They were ONE. And Jesus wanted us to be ONE with him and the Father.
I shared a bit of my journey to being close and looking into God's heart.

Overall I think it went well. It was my first time speaking, so I can already think of heaps of things I can improve on, but I definetly felt God's presence (helping me if nothing else).

So yea, I had a few of the girls share with me about how they could totally relate and they were able to let go of some things, surrender, and get on that journey of discovering God's heart....WHICH is, by the way, so encouraging and the reason why I spoke and the reason why I am a youth leader.

Enuf said

Thanks for your prayers!

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Way to go! That's awesome, I'm sure that God was working in AND through you. I'm excited you have a blog, I'll be checking daily, so keep it up! :) Blessings! Trena