Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Farmer girl for a day

Lewis, my boyfriend, had been working at a dairy farm for the past couple months. They just came out of their extremely busy season of calving. I have been to the farm a couple times, and I had tried milking as well once. But I thought it would be really neat if I could walk in Lewis' shoes for a day (just to see how it really is-and mind you I really love being outdoors and working with animals)

So I did.

I woke up at 3:30am, got to the farm at 4:00am to move cows for feeding. Milking was at 6:30am and we worked with the cows and feeding the calves till breakfast 10:30am-11:00am. After that we worked on the farm, you know just doing things that farmers do :), till lunch at about 1ish. That was a 45mins, then it was back to work and milking till 6:15pm. After dinner, Lewis had to move more cows, but honestly I couldn't muster up any more strength.

I had a new deep apreaciation for all farmers, and espeacially Lewis.

But even though I was wasted, I had a really good day and I would do it again.

.

No comments: